Facts and figures
The statistical data is taken from the Annual Report 2016.
Education at first and second cycle level
Students at basic (undergraduate) or advanced (masters) level.
- Students: 37,814
- Full-time students: 25,996
- Degrees awarded: 5 981
Education at third cycle level
Doctoral level students.
- Active research students: 1 746 (56 per cent women)
- Newly enrolled research students: 300 (56 per cent women)
- Doctoral degrees awarded: 250
- Licentiate (midway doctoral) degrees awarded: 15
- Employees: 6,211
- Full-time equivalents: 5,500 (59 per cent women)
- Teaching staff/researchers and doctoral student positions: 2,9072
- Professors: 540
- Technical/administrative staff: 1,988
- Direct government funding: SEK 3,958 million
- External funding and other income: SEK 2,260 million
- Total income: SEK 6,218 million
- 381,537 square meters
- SEK 623 million
Within the faculties, there are a total of 39 departments.